Can you imagine your life without the hassle of glasses or contacts? If you could wake up with clear vision, how much better would you feel? Dr. Richard Gordon performs the incredibly safe and effective blade-free LASIK procedure on his Hudson Valley and Palisades patients to eliminate their need for corrective eyewear.
With the most advanced techniques and technologies at their disposal, the members of the Palisades Laser Eye Center team consistently achieve the best possible results for their patients. To learn more about iLASIK or for information about our facility, contact our practice today.
What to Expect from the Procedure
As with any of our laser eye surgeries, the iLASIK procedure begins with a consultation with Dr. Gordon. This appointment is a great time to address any questions or concerns you may have and also gives our team a chance to organize a customized treatment plan for you.
Although similar to the traditional LASIK procedure, the iLASIK surgery utilizes an IntraLase® laser to create the corneal flap rather than a microkeratome blade. The surgery will be completed as follows:
- You will be seated in one of our comfortable, reclining chairs
- We will place numbing drops in your eyes to ensure a pain-free surgery
- Using the IntraLase® laser, Dr. Gordon will create the corneal flap
- The flap is folded back to expose the deeper layers of the cornea
- A second laser is applied to the eye in order to reshape the cornea
- The flap is folded back into place, where it will stick, eliminating the need for sutures
Am I a Candidate?
Your initial consultation will determine your candidacy for iLASIK, but patients must:
- Be 18 or older
- Undergo a routine eye exam
- Have had a stable prescription for the last year
- Be free of eye infections or injuries
- Suffer from near- or farsightedness and/or astigmatism
What are the Risks and Benefits?
Among its many benefits, iLASIK:
- Is a quick and painless procedure
- Produces instant, long-lasting results
- Is FDA approved
- Provides precise results
- Reduces of eliminates the need for glasses and contacts
Perhaps the greatest benefit of iLASIK is that the risk of complications involving the corneal flap is significantly lower when it is created by a laser rather than the microkeratome blade associated with traditional LASIK.
As with any medical procedure, iLASIK does carry some degree of risk. You may experience some discomfort after the surgery, but this is normal and can be alleviated with prescribed pain medication. Our Hudson Valley staff is committed to providing our iLASIK patients with helpful information to alleviate the anxiety that can accompany a surgical procedure.
What Are My Payment Options?
Palisades Laser Eye Center provides a number of financing options, which we would be happy to explain to you. We understand that choosing to undergo corrective eye surgery is an investment for your future, your ocular health, your confidence, and your happiness.
Learn More about iLASIK
If you would like to see what iLASIK can do for you, our Hudson Valley staff is ready to assist you. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation.